Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Guest Post by Sparkle Blends Designing Diva, Fawn Kuehne: You Are Magical

You are Magical
By Fawn Kuehne
Fawntastic Creations
Using Doodles Paper Playground: Sparkle Blends Spring Fling


Hello! 

Today I am showing you how I made this shaker card using a mix from Doodles Paper Playgrounds Sparkle Blends February release, Spring Fling



I started by stamping my image using copic friendly ink. 
This unicorn is from Strawberry Jude Stamps - Unicorn and Sparkles. I used a neutral grey to highlight the unicorn and covered the body in Wink of Stella and used a glaze pen on the hooves. 


Next I die cut all my needed panels. 
I do not have any frame dies so I used two nesting dies together. 
I was able to make the frame a little thicker by skipping one of the nesting dies.
This is nice so that I do not have to worry about my foam tape showing.


I used double sided tape to attach my acetate sheet to the frame and added a double layer of foam tape
I rubbed my no static tool along the inside so that my sequins will not stick to the foam tape.


I attached my two bottom layers together and attached them to the card base and placed my sequins on top, ready to be covered. I love this blend, the colors in it definitely say spring and it works great with this whimsical creature!


I added my shaker frame and pressed down well so that I know it adhered well to the base then I added the unicorn to the corner.


I used a scrap from the background for the sentiment which I die cut to get the end to have the banner cut and I added a few sequins to the front of the card.


I have a discount code for you if you wanna pick up your own pack of Sparkle Blends!!

EY4JVU Doodles Discount

15% off total purchase at www.whiterosecraftsllc.com - There are more great Sparkle Blends and a large assortment of items for all your crafty projects!

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Now, Get Out There and Create Something Amazing!!




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for visiting the blog!
Come back soon!
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment