Saturday, August 10, 2019

Grapefruit Treasure

Hello! Alison here. Today I am excited to share a card that features one of the newest Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground, "Grapefruit!" This Blend has quickly become one of the most-used Blends in my house, as both Phoenix and Rhiannon have gravitated to it along with me. You'll see their projects using it later in the month.
Recently, one of my favorite digital stamp companies closed it's virtual doors. I have loved A Day for Daisies for years, and was lucky enough to be on the Design Team for 2 years. I am so sad to see the shop close, but I am happy that I have a lovely assortment of images that I can still use. This sweet little mermaid is one of them. I colored her with my Zig Clean Color Markers during the latest 30 Day Coloring Challenge from The Daily Marker, and I am happy to put her on a card now.
The mermaid's flowers are a perfect match to the beautiful tones in the "Grapefruit" Sparkle Blend. There are warm corals and soft peaches, light oranges and pale pinks. They are a stunning mix of colors, that create a mouth-watering Sparkle Blend.
I found some coral corrugated cardboard in my stash to use as a mat, and wonderful polka-dot kraft cardstock from Doodlebug. I also added a simple sentiment from Heidi Swapp's Magnolia Jane stamp set. I stamped it with VersaFine Clair ink in Twilight, which matched the mermaid's hair really nicely.
Once again, experimenting with a new Sparkle Blend proved to be a ton of fun, as I toyed with the various styles, sizes and colors in "Grapefruit." I think you'll find that you may reach for it more often than you thought you would. You can head on over to White Rose Crafts to check out this and all of the other brand new Blends from Doodles Paper Playground. WRC is the exclusive retailer for these gorgeous sequin mixes. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment