Sunday, August 11, 2019

Have a Veggie Happy Birthday

Hello, this is Phoenix, Alison's son. Today, I am showing you a card that I made using the new "Peridot" Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground. I made this card for my aunt, whose birthday is in August, and Peridot is her birthstone.
The stamp I used is from Sweet Stamp Shop. I picked it because my aunt likes kale a lot. I stamped it with VersaFine Clair ink in Nocturne on to cream cardstock. Then I colored in the stem with the Cottage Ivy Memento Marker from Imagine. Then I began the tedious work of gluing in the Peridot Sparkle Blend all over the kale.
To adhere all of the little bits, I used On Point Glue from Imagine. I like that glue because it's strong and dries quickly. I put glue on a small section, then put a bunch of sequins on, using the Jewel Picker Tool from Marvy. I'm really happy with how it came out. I like the variation of sizes in the Sparkle Blend.
Once I did the kale, I traced out the speech bubble design in pencil and then traced over it in a Faber Castell PITT pen. My dad came up with the sentiment! Next I wrote the sentiment with the Lilac Posies Memento Marker. After that, I stuck it to my card base. I thought the card needed something else, so I added blue ribbon to the corners.
I am very satisfied with the card. I think that my aunt will really love it. The "Peridot" Sparkle Blend, and all of the other Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground, can be purchased at the White Rose Crafts store. You can only get Sparkle Blends there. Thanks for visiting. Have a terrific day!

No comments:

Post a Comment