Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Guest Post By Designing Diva, Alison Heikkila: Painted Peony


Painted Peony
Alison's Random Thoughts
Using Doodles Paper Playground: Sparkle Blends Spring Fling


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! Alison here. Today I am sharing a new card that features the Spring Fling Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground. In my last few posts, I have mentioned how I can't wait for the last bit of Winter's cold to blow on out of New York, and today is no different. The sequin colors of Spring Fling are so cheery! I decided to also work with the gorgeous Fresh Peony stamp from Stampendous.



I started off by applying gold embossing paste to my black card base by using a palette knife and the stencil that accompanies the Fresh Peony stamp set. I didn't smooth out the paste like I usually do, I kept it a little textured. Next, using hte same cardstock I used for my base, I stamped the peony and 2 sets of leaves with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed it with Detail Gold embossing powder. 



Then it was time to paint! I painted the flowers and foliage with my FineTec pearlescent watercolors. You can see how shimmery and beautiful the colors are. In person, the colors are even more amazing. I decided to split up one set of leaves just to create some variation. I glued all of my pieces down with a strong adhesive. Then it was time to apply the sequins! I decided to go in a pattern with the colors, using pink first, then blue, then green. I cut some of the sequins in half, to go where the lattice pattern was split. All of the sequins was adhered with On Point Glue from Imagine. 



I really love how the sequins pulls out the shades from the watercolors. And the colors all pop so nicely against the black background. And for some exciting news, soon Doodles Paper Playground will be releasing several new Sparkle Blends! I've had a sneak peek, and by am I excited to share them with you. They are really beautiful! Remember, you can only get Sparkle Blends from White Rose Crafts LLC, so be sure to visit them to get your hands on some of the Limited Edition Sparkle Blends. I'll be back tomorrow with another project for Stampendous. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for visiting the Blog.
Come back soon!
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment