Saturday, March 10, 2018

Guest Post By Designing Diva, Cheryl Schoeman: Easter Chick

Easter Chick
Using Doodles Paper Playground: Sparkle Blends Unicorn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, I am so glad to be back with a guest post for Amber from Doodles Paper Playground! Today, I have a sweet Easter shaker card.



This card was so much fun to make so I took a few pictures as I went along. To start I used masking paper and a circle die to create a mask for my shaker circle. Then I used that mask on a A2 size piece of Bristol smooth cardstock to create several stripes of color with distress and distress oxide inks. I had to go over several times to get the right amount of color on the cardstock.


Once I was happy with the amount of color, I left my mask on as a guide and ran my die through my cuttle bug. The mask and negative pieces came off easy. I stamped the chicken and sentiment and colored the chicken with copics. The copics seem to feather a little more on Bristol than Neenah but this stamp has pretty thick lines which helped to hide that. When that was finished, I used a black felt pen to retrace the lines and darken them. For the inside of the shaker, I cut up old packaging to use as the clear acetate and covered the back of the panel with foam tape.


I took the lining off the foam tape and then added the Sparkles sequin blend - Unicorn. I spread it out since the foam I used wasn't super thick, I wanted to make sure that the embellishments weren't stacked. There are some really unique embellishments in this blend including hearts, smiley faces, leaves and flowers.


I laid a top folding A2 card on top of the panel and pressed down to attach to the foam tape. The last touch was an extra sequin from the blend next to the chicky.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Supply Links:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks so much for stopping by and thanks to Amber for having me on her blog :) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Crafting!
Come back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment