Friday, March 30, 2018

Guest Post By Designing Diva, Cheryl Schoeman: Easter Faux Shaker

Easter Faux Shaker
Using Doodles Paper Playground: Sparkle Blends Pretty In Pink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi everyone! I am back with a guest post for Doodles Paper Playground. There is a ton of inspiration in the sparkle blends that Amber puts together and today I used the “Pretty in Pink” blend to inspire my card.


One of the flower sequins in this blend goes from yellow to white to pink to dark pink so I used that color scheme to create this faux Easter shaker card. To start my card, I stamped the little girl image on a scrap piece of white cardstock and colored her with Copics. I then took a panel of white cardstock and die cut the wreath out. After die cutting the wreath, I used thin foam tape to cover a good portion of the empty space and then used my tape runner to add adhesive around the small cutouts. I then took the sparkles blend and started placing the sequins on the adhesive. I tried to make sure that each of the sequins covered some portion of the areas that were cutout.


I knew that I wanted to have a color behind the sparkle blend to make them stand out. I am still loving my alcohol inks, so I took out a yellow and orange color and created a quick background. The yellow also ties into my color scheme that I wanted to keep. I love the bright colors of these inks and since most of it will be hidden I didn’t have to worry too much about covering up all the white space.


I removed the foam tape and added the yellow panel to the back. Then I added my sentiment to the front.


I added the faux shaker to a top folding A2 panel. For the last steps, I added the little girl to the center with the thin foam tape and took a few extra sequins and placed them in a couple of the starbursts. I also used a sparkle pen on the flower around the little girl’s face. Here is a closeup.


Thanks so much for checking out my faux shaker Easter card and thanks to Amber for letting me take over her blog today.  :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Supplies:
Dies: Lawn Fawn – Easter Party; SSS – Floral sparkle wreath
Inks: MFT – Extreme black Hybrid ink; Alcohol inks – Sunshine Yellow, Sunset; Copics – E000, E11, E15, E53, RV00, RV04, RV09, RV10, RV13, Y11, Y13

No comments:

Post a Comment