Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Eggnog with Nutmeg

Hello! Alison here. My title may be a little confusing when you look at my card, since it's got nothing to do with that thick, creamy drink. Eggnog with Nutmeg is actually the name of the Sparkle Blend that I used on this card. It's from the November 2020 release from Doodles Paper Playground, and I just love it. It's neutral and creamy, with touches of brown.

During one of Kathy Rac's last 30 Day Coloring Challenges, I colored this cute pup from the Dogs in Craft Room stamp set from The Gray Muse. I did some no-line coloring on it with my Zigs, and fussy cut it out. My shaker window was made with an old banner die from Avery Elle, and I backed it with some patterned paper. To highlight the dog a bit, I used the Bitty Rays stencil from A Colorful Life Designs with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I concentrated the color in the center of the stencil, behind the dog, and used a lighter hand as the rays radiated out.

Look at how pretty those sequins are! If you know me at all, you know I LOVE using bright, bold colors, but there's something so cool about this soft neutral palette. It's a calming Sparkle Blend and I can see it used for so many occasions. To keep things neutral, my top layer is Neenah Desert Storm cardstock, and my card base is brown.


I love how this card turned out. Having lots of pre-colored images from doing the 30 Day Coloring Challenge can be a real time-saver. It came together really quickly, and I love when that happens. Things just worked, and I didn't have to lament over colors, a layout, or anything else. Eggnog with Nutmeg is definitely one of my favorite Sparkle Blends from the November 2020 release. Have you seen the release in it's entirety? You can visit the Sparkle Blends Shop on Etsy to check it out, and get an even closer look in the FB Live I did last week in the Sparkle Blends Fan Club. I can't wait to see what you make! Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!


1 comment:

  1. Great card design. Love the dog and the banner shaped shaker window. The new sparkle blend is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete