Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Winter is Warmer Together

Greetings! Alison here. I have a fun shaker card to share with you today that uses the "Hello Frosty" Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground. I was really inspired by the pink sequins in this Blend, so I decided to use a flamingo from Stampendous' "Peeking Pals" stamp set. 

My flamingo needed a little something to keep her warm, so I added a hat from Stampendous' "Winter Pals" stamp set. I colored the hat and flamingo with Copic markers. My shaker panel (which has the flamingo stamped directly on it) was created with Stampendous' "Winter White" stamps and dies, which unfortunately I don't think are available anymore. But, there are many other snowflake stamps and dies out there, so I am sure you could achieve a similar look.

My snowflakes were stamped with VersaFine Clair Ink in Twilight. I did my die cutting first, so that I could stamp my snowflakes around the window. You can see here the pretty colors of the "Hello Frosty" Sparkle Blend, as well as a couple of the teeny clay snowmen and snowflakes that are in it. I love the cool colors in this Blend. Behind my window, I added a patterned paper scrap that I had, plus I stamped a sentiment to put on top. My card base was ink blended with Speckled Egg and Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide ink.

I really like the addition of pink in this card, instead of keeping to only blue tones for a winter card. It not only adds a little warmth, but it also adds some fun pops of additional color. Please visit the Sparkle Blends Shop on Etsy to see "Hello Frosty" as well as all of the other limited edition Sparkle Blends. I can’t wait to see what you make! Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

1 comment: