Sunday, October 18, 2020

Gingerbread House

Hi, it's Phoenix. Today I am going to show you my Gingerbread House card that uses the new Frosted Gingerbread Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground. I really like the Lawn Fawn Build A House die set with the Gingerbread Add-On, so I knew I wanted to use it with Frosted Gingerbread.

I started out by die cutting the different pieces of the house with brown cardstock, and the details were done with white cardstock. I used Snap & Peel on the small parts, like the piping, which is a double sided adhesive sheet. This makes it a lot easier to adhere the small things to the house. After that, I glued the Sparkle Blends to the house using On Point Glue from Imagine. One thing that I really like about the Frosted Gingerbread Sparkle Blend is the small peppermints. I used one for my door handle.

Next, I cut out the white snowy hill behind the house and the gray wintry sky for a mat. I glued these two pieces together and then stuck the house on top of it. I thought that the hill needed some additional decorating, so I cut out a sign from brown cardstock, die cut another roof from the Gingerbread Add On set in white, and added it to the sign for snow. I decided to use the Season's Greetings stamp from the Reveal Wheel Holiday Sentiments. The sky was a little plain so I stamped the swirls from the Winter Dragon Lawn Fawn set with Pumice Stone Distress Ink.

I didn't use a lot of the parts of the Sparkle Blend, but it has really cute Gingerbread Men and frosted cupcakes. I decided to keep my house a little simple though, so I only used some of the plain brown sequins. I hope you like this card. Have you seen the entire new release of Sparkle Blends yet? Head over to the Sparkle Blends Shop on Etsy to check them out. Have a nice day!



1 comment:

  1. I like how you decorated this sweet gingerbread house.

    ReplyDelete