Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Mermaid on a Rock

Hi, it's Rhiannon. I needed to make a "thank you" card for someone and I got this pretty mermaid stamp and die set from Stampendous that I was excited to use. I thought the "Aquamarine" Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground would look good with the mermaid.
I colored and die cut the mermaid first so that I could figure out how I wanted to make the rest of the card. I colored her with Arteza markers and Sparkle Markers from Crafter's Companion (on her tail and crown). For her pearl, I used Ivory Seashell Nuvo Drops.
Next, I made the background. I used a stencil from Stampendous and 3 Distress Oxides. They were Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, and Weathered Wood. I applied them with Mini Ink Blending Tools. Then, I sprayed the background with Sheer Shimmer Spritz in "Sparkle." I really like the background I did because it's so sparkly, and it goes really good with the mermaid.
For the rock, I cut a half oval out of dark gray cardstock. Then I crumpled it up. I uncrumpled it and rubbed on silver metallic paste. It looks like a wet rock! I really like the texture. The Aquamarine Sparkle Blend has different shades of blue and green that I liked with this card. It reminds me of water splashing. I glued them on with On Point Glue. Then I added my sentiment (from Stampendous' Ocean Wisdom stamp set) with Twilight VersaFine Clair ink. I also painted the border of my card base with silver Twinkle H2O's. It's really sparkly in real life!

I really like how my card turned out. I think the Sparkle Blend went really good with the rest of my card. You can see all of the Sparkle Blends at White Rose Crafts. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment