Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Guest Post By Designing Diva, Cheryl Schoeman: Oh Baby Ellie

Oh Baby Ellie
Using Doodles Paper Playground: Sparkle Blends Oh Baby

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi! I am happy to be back again as a guest designer for Doodles Paper Playground blog :) I made a card using Oh Baby sparkle blends for my son's first grade teacher who is expecting her first child.




I started out my card by stamping little 'Ellie' on the bottom of a panel of white cardstock and colored him with copics. Then I die cut the heart above him. For the backing, I didn't want to use foam tape with a shape like a heart because it is difficult (for me) to get the straight tape around curved shapes without gaps. So instead, I used a piece of foam and die cut two nested hearts that I could add to the back of my panel.







Before adding my foam, I adhered a scrap piece of acetate over the die cut. The foam heart cutout fit around the die cut perfectly. Then I added more pieces of foam to the back of my panel. On a top folding A2 card, I blended some yellow distress ink to the area behind my heart balloon to make it stand out. The sparkle blend went into the heart and the A2 card was adhered on top. I hand drew the balloon string in and die cut the sentiment from another yellow blended scrap. I stamped the script sentiment on top in a light green.






Supplies: 
Stamps: Avery elle - Ellie; Lawn Fawn - big scripty words
Dies: SSS - Nested Hearts; Lawn Fawn - big scripty words 
Inks: Copics - C1, C3, C5; Distress inks - Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron


Thanks so much for joining me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for visiting the blog!
Come back soon,
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment